Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

It's hard to believe that just one year ago, we were celebrating the 4th by playing on the beach in Coronado.


This 4th of July holiday, we couldn't be farther from Coronado, but fortunately have made great friends in a short time to spend the holiday with.

The skies have been threatening rain for the past couple of days but fortunately it held off today. The weather was absolutely beautiful! At this time of year, it is hot and humid but the entire day was pleasant.

We enjoyed a BBQ at The Miller's house followed by an AMAZING fireworks display along the water. I don't think I've ever seen a fireworks display like this one. It was 3o minutes long and filled with fireworks that made everyone think it was the finale, but it wasn't.

I couldn't help but think about my girlfriends whose husbands are away defending our country's freedom. I pray that they are safe and sound hope they know how much we appreciate their service to our country.

As I watched the fireworks, I just held my boys close and lived in the moment, feeling very fortunate that we have Tim home with us...




No comments:

Post a Comment