Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big claw = silly toy

There is a toy vending machine at the store on base. Ever since Tim bought the boys one toy from there, they think they should get a toy every time we're at the store.

Money isn't even the issue. I think it's 25 cents or something.



After inserting the quarter and there are two buttons to push a big claw towards that toy of your choice.
It's not like the claw toy machines in the states that NEVER end of grabbing anything for you. I sort of wish this was the case so the boys would just give up when the claw never produces a toy.

No. This machine, Rowen affectionately calls it the 'big claw', grabs many little toy containers and deposits them in the collection bin. Of course the boys are going to get excited and return to the machine EVERY time we're there...it give them a bunch of useless junk!



The toys that come out of the containers are so hideous, and half the time we don't even know what said plastic junk is. The latest 'claw' toy is a beautiful necklace that Rowen wanted to wear.

Exactly what I want my 3 year old boy to be wearing. I guess that's what you get for a quarter, huh?





1 comment:

  1. I am sure you have seen the 100 yen machines out in town, but just so you know there is a Anpanman one that has magnets for 100 yen. I love them and have 15 of my own. I am always begging Harry for a 100 yen so I can get a new magnet! Luckily I didn't find them til about 6 months ago! Happy collecting!

    ReplyDelete