Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Out to lunch for Kamameshi

Tori Gin Restaurant in Hayama


I can't believe it's been 8 months since I met my Japansese friends and started teaching them English.



We usually meet twice a month at my house or at Starbucks on base. But lately we've been mixing it up a bit and going out for an occasional lunch out in town.

This has been really fun because they are introducing me to local places off the beaten path.

This week, we went to Tori Gin in Hayama to have kamameshi , which means 'kettle rice'.

Kamameshi is a Japanese rice dish cooked in a iron pot with a variety of meats, seafood, and vegetabables. By cooking the dish in an iron pot, the rice gets slightly burned at the bottom which adds a discernable taste to the rice and dish overall.


Tori Gin is definitely a place I want to visit again.



To my Yokosuka friends out there, lunch date anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment