Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rowen's not tired....really.

I realize Rowen is 3 now and he is phasing his naps out.

I understand.

Really.

Want to guess who doesn't understand? You guessed it!

Rowen INSISTS on a daily basis, a number of things:

1) First thing in the morning, he wakes up and tells me he doesn't want to nap that day. Fine.
2) If he doesn't have school that day, he will tell me that he doesn't want to have quiet time, b/c he's not tired and doesn't want to nap. Fine.
3) If Arjun is also home that day, he will try to keep Arjun awake as well. NOT FINE!!
4) As the evening rolls around, he will tell us that he does not want to go to bed, b/c...he's not tired. Fine. I get it already.


Today, when he failed to stay in his room for quiet time, he asked me if he could come downstairs.

"FINE! Just don't wake up your brother," I yelled upstairs to him.

While sitting on the couch, actually trying to be good, he was asking me about Arjun's sleep schedule: basically, why is Arjun sleeping and when is he going to wake up so we can go to the playground?

During this exhausting conversation...well...I'll let the picture speak for itself.



I don't think he's tired, do you?

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! So funny! you'll have to remind him of this next time you have the same conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this post...be sure and bring up how right you were in this situation when he is 13 and arguing with you about wearing a jacket in freezing weather. The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh?

    ReplyDelete