Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy 2 month birthday to Simran!


Oh yeah...and Merry Christmas and Happy 2010!!! As you can see from my lack of blog posts, Simran has been keeping us very BUSY!!

I can't believe she is two months old already! And she is such a different baby than the boys were. The main thing I remember about the boys is how mellow they both were and how they loved to SLEEP, ALL the time, I might add. Simran doesn't like to sleep that much, during the day anyway. Fortunately, he is sleeping pretty well at night.

She was quite fussy during her first few weeks and we've attributed this to reflux. She is on medication (Zantac) twice a day and it is working quite nicely :)


When I look at her and talk to her, she responds by smiling and she looks at me with her big eyes and tries to figure out what I'm saying to her. She is very alert for only being 8 weeks old!


The boys are having a lot of fun with her. They love to give to snuggle and kiss her when they come home from school. It's so helpful to have them in school right now, especially since Simran does like to be held a lot during the day. It's hard for me to play with the boys and nurse/pay attention to Simi...harder than I thought it would be! But the boys are adjusting well. I'm adjusting well too, still getting used to my lack of independence that I deeply enjoyed when the boys left for school in the morning. I'm having to prioritize my errands so I'm not lugging the heavy carseat in and out the grocery store, post office, etc...with time everything will get easier, I hope!

Right now, everyone is enjoying watching little Simi smile and occasionally 'coo' while watching her mobile.

My mom visited for a couple of weeks and enjoyed her time with Simi and the boys. It was so nice to have her around and help take care of Simi (mainly to hold her b/c she loves being held) while Tim was at work.

We didn't venture out and do too much simply b/c I was too tired and Simi was so little. But we did take a trip to the Hakone hot springs near Mt. Fuji and had a blast!

1 comment: