Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cellphones


We ran a few errands on base today. We visited Starbucks, went to the Commissary (base grocery store) and drove around a little to familiarize ourselves. As late morning approached (it felt like the end of the day for us!), the boys were ready for a nap. But we still needed cellphones. I went with Brandon (Tim's sponsor and partner in the Ortho dept.) to 'Blue Street' in search of two.

Blue street (as referred by Americans) is a street with blue lines running through it and it is located across the street from the main gate of the Yokosuka base. There are many shops and restaurants there, including the cellphone store.

I don't love the fact that Tim left me in charge of picking out his cellphone. It's such a personal choice and so many to choose from, but there are only so many phones that have English menus so it was pretty easy to pick. I was tempted to buy Tim a purple slider phone with a Hello Kitty emblem on it, but I don't think that would fly with him!

In the end, I did choose two pretty good phones that were free with some sort of email program I had to sign up for. A pink one for me (I am still looking for the perfect Hello Kitty charm) and a black/silver one for Tim.

I got home around 3:30 pm and I must have been pretty tired b/c I fell asleep around 4 pm and didn't wake up until 2:30 am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment